Saturday, November 15, 2008

One Year Ago...

One year ago today my life was changed forever...

One year ago today:
     I was unjustly fired...
     I was treated worse than an enemy...
    I encountered pain like never before...
     I fully understood betrayal...
     I knew what it was like to hate...
     I fell into a deep, dark place...
     A bitter root was formed...
    A hard lesson was taugh... 
    A new path was set...
     A tough journey began...
    A family was forever changed...
    A vision was seeded...
    A passion was ignited...
     A new man was formed...
    An old way died...

One year ago my life was changed forever...

I was set free.

Lord, it has been so very difficult to bear the burden placed on my shoulders this past year.  There were many times when I did not respond well to the situation in which I found myself.  There were also times when, through Your grace and power I was able to rise above anger and bitterness to see Your glory and to serve Your Kingdom.  As you know, I still struggle every day with what happened to me, how I was treated, and how Your church was torn apart because of the selfish motives of individuals.  Nevertheless, I thank You for Your wisdom, grace, mercy, provision, direction, and power.  I am Your man, set free to live for You, and not the whims of men.  I pray I live well, and give You glory as I seek to do Your bidding.  Please continue to guide me with Your hand, and to give me a heart to follow after You.

No comments: