Sunday, October 19, 2008

Re-connect...

Just a short report to keep you all up to speed.  This Friday the Hendrix family disconnected and took an overnight camping trip.  We went to a state park that was only about 20 minutes from where we live, so it wasn't a big chore to get everything together and head out.  This was the first time we had been camping as a family, and the first real camping trip the kids had ever been on.  That is a sad statement considering my family used to go camping all the time when I was growing up.  I guess we have been so caught up in "doing" ministry over the years that we haven't taken the time to re-connect with God's creation.  Anyway, it was really great to get away from everything that has become a distraction to us.  I was able to see my kids re-connect with their imaginations; I was able to re-connect with God's beauty; I was able to re-connect with what it means to be a great dad; and I was able to re-connect myself with the truth of God's grace and providence.

    

     Now that we are back home and re-connected to the "regular" life that we have, I now feel ready to re-connect with the purpose and vision that brought us here in the first place.  I hope to be able to take more time throughout the week to disconnect a little in an effort to re-connect with what is really important.

    

Hope you all have a great week!

2 comments:

Stook said...

Looks so beautiful! I'm glad you and your fam had a great time in the the great outdoors!
And by the way ... you have quite the eye for photography. I love your pictures man. We should all go on a photo shoot sometime ...

Kevin Hendrix said...

let's do it! I've been trying to develop an "eye", so thanks for the encouragement.