Monday, May 11, 2009

Playing Catch-Up

Cheese and crackers it's been a long time since I've written anything.  Well, I have too much to say this time around, but I will atleast give the basic run-down.  Where to start?  Ok, family... kids are doing really well.  Andrew is enjoying school and apparently is the highest reader in ALL of his reading teacher's classes (11th grade level).  He is 12 years old now (Lord, help) and full into the hormonal wash of puberty... we have some fun years ahead of us.  Abi is still playing soccer and being, well... Abi.  She doesn't really play much while on the field, but I think she enjoys being on the team and part of something.  Today she has an audition for a talent show.   She is going to be singing "Love Story" by Taylor Swift.  She is so funny.  She finds the karaoke videos on You Tube and (with headphones on) watches them and sings as loud as she can.  BJ is still working at HighPoint church as their administrative assistant.  The things she is learnign there are invaluable to our future planting ventures.  She recently became part of a study group for women in our church that looks at biblical perspectives on wives (at least that what I've gathered it to be).  She seems to enjoy the opportunity, but still is baffled by the fact that people would ask her for advice and help.  She's much smarter, wise, and insightful than she gives herself credit.  Love that lady!!!  For me things are going well.  I have officially launched my business, Ethos Creations and have four paying clients already with good prospects for more.  Let me know if you have any graphic work that needs to be done!
Church... the Roots Community has officially launched publically.  We did so on Easter Sunday (amidst some drama surrounding a possible meeting site).  We met in our pastor, Jesse's home for four weeks and yesterday  we met for the first time in our new location, the KOA.  We have found great favor with the management there and they are allowing us to meet rent-free for the first month, and then for very cheap afterwards.  We will also have access on Wednesdays for our youth and Grow Groups.  Things are really starting to gain some form of momentum.  Last Sunday we had our first baptisms where we baptized a couple who has been a part of out group for the past few months, one of our staff's daughters, and I baptized my little Abi.  It was a great day.
I ask that you all continue to pray for our family and our church.  We daily seek to understand the role of the Gospel in every aspect of our living, breathing, and doing.  Please also pray for BJ and I as we begin to seek God's guidance in venturing towards our own plant.  Currently we have no direction or calling to a specific area, and we are asking God to begin revealing that to us.  
Ok, well, I need to go be productive, so hopefully I will be able to submit at least two more entries this week.

Peace

No comments: