Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Journey Begins

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

            Well, we had our first meeting of The Church Formerly Known As Church Of The Highlands -Four Corners (TCFKACOTH)… gotta get a better way to refer to it… At the time I didn’t think much about it because we were just a bunch of people hanging out getting to know each other, but it really was our first gathering as a new community of faith.  BJ and I were noticeably a bit self-conscious, but that went away pretty soon.  We met some really great people and saw how we could easily fit in this group and “do life” with them.  Every time we go to the Davenport area we seem to get more and more excited about moving up and being a part of what God is going to be doing there.  Jesse has done a great job of assembling a team of people who are sold-out and committed to God’s vision for the Four Corners area.  We have begun this church with more people “on staff” than most churches ever have.  The level of talent and creativity is already astonishing, and I can’t wait to see who else God is preparing. 

            I still haven’t found work, and I am getting quite frustrated.  I know God has called us to be there… I don’t doubt that… but I wish He would go ahead and show me what I am supposed to be doing and go ahead and provide a job.  Jesse talked with us briefly about his father’s air filter business, and it seems like a good idea.  I guess I just need some form of definitive answer from God about whether this is what I am supposed to pursue or not.  I think I could do it, and do a good job at it.  In fact, I could do it here in PSL before we moved up.  Speaking of moving up, we need to find a place to move to as well.  We thought about an apartment, but a house would really be more conducive to ministry.  We would of course be renting, but not having a job yet kinda puts a wrench in the gears since we don’t really know what we can afford.  There is one possibility that has made itself somewhat available…  We have a college student who was a part of our last ministry who has remained friends with BJ and me.  She usually house-sits for us and is our go-to baby-sitter.  She is moving to the Orlando area to attend UCF, and her housing situation seems to have fallen through.  BJ and I are thinking that she could live with us (rent a room) and that would allow for us to be able to afford a house that would be big enough to accommodate family and ministry.  We will be praying about whether or not that is a good idea and if so, then show us something!

            Jesse encouraged all of us to spend the next few months “falling in love” with Jesus.  I really need to get back my joy in Him.  I need to “taste and see” that He is good.  I’ve always known it, and I have never stopped loving Him, but I have seriously neglected our relationship.  I plan on reading through the book of John and then Acts and hopefully commenting on it as part of my journal.  I will also include thoughts from other books and conversations I will be having.  This is going to be an exciting, terrifying, interesting, and altogether difficult journey, but I know God has prepared us… so here we go!

No comments: