Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Movin' On Up!


            Wow!  A lot has happened since my last entry.  I apologize for not keeping everything up to date, but my head has been spinning.  In fact, today's entry is going to be relatively short because we have a lot of work to do.  Ok, so here's the skinny:  We finally have a place to live and are moving up on the first.  BJ and I prayed for God to show us where to live and He did.  It is not the original place we were looking at.  I'm not even sure how we came about this place, but it is in the same neighborhood as Jesse (the pastor) and is owned by a very charismatic Caribbean named Emily who is a believer and carries her little white dog around with her.  She told me she bought the house to provide funding for building a church in Poinciana and prayed that it would be used to glorify God.  She also told me she had a couple from Ohio wanting to move into the house that were willing to pay more than us, but once she heard I was a pastor she told them ”no” and wanted us to move in.  We were very excited, but also a bit apprehensive because we still did not have all the money necessary to move in.  Last Tuesday I sent a letter out to about 13 different families that I know have always supported BJ and I asking them to consider giving us some support in our move.  We received two responses that have been very helpful in getting us moved up, and we are extremely thankful, but we are also a bit perplexed that we haven’t heard anything from the others.  I’m not real sure what to make of it, but I will commit it to prayer.  I have been doing a lot of praying lately… that’s a good thing.  Right now our prayer is that we will be able to get everything packed, moved, and paid for.  We also need to find additional jobs once we get up there, so please continue praying for us in these areas.

            As far as the church goes… we have a name!  The Roots Community.  It is a great name reflecting the needs of the culture in Davenport.  There are so many people living there whose roots are established elsewhere.  Our church will endeavor to create a community for people to be able to create new roots and a new life in Christ.  Jesse does a better job of explaining it because it is his vision.  I’m sure we will hear it plenty of times so I will be able to better describe it in the future.  Also, this Sunday we will be meeting in our new location at Four Corners Baptist.  This location will allow our worship team a better opportunity to develop into what God has for the church as well as provide a few more amenities for small groups and fellowship.  Things are looking up! 

            Lord, we beg of You to continue to keep our footing solid.  We are desperate for You always and know that without You we are devastated.  Thank You so very much for Your providence, grace, and mercy.  Shield and protect us from the Enemy as he is hard at work trying to discourage and prevent us from doing the work of the Gospel.  We have committed our lives into Your hands and look to You alone for guidance and wisdom.  May we always treasure You above all, and may You always be glorified in our delight of You.

No comments: