Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Talking Cucumbers and Killer Cheese Doodles...

      Ok, so I asked God for clarity and He sends it through a cartoon. I wonder if that’s His way of showing me how simple things really are… “listen to the cartoon, dummy!” Today BJ and I did what we have done most Wednesdays this summer, took our kids to see the free movie playing at the local theater. This has been such a blessing since 1) we have no money, and 2) our kids get very bored and stir crazy. I can’t blame them, since I am the same way. Anyway, today’s movie was Veggie Tales’ “The Pirates Who Don’t Do Anything.” Normally I don’t go for the talking veggies because, well… I’m over it. I mean, they were cool and all, but my kids are older and we have just moved on. I won’t go through the story, but the coolest part was the killer cheese doodles… they were hilarious. Where clarity came was when the “king” was telling the pirates that he never promised their journey would be easy, and that they should always trust him because no matter how difficult things seem, he is always watching and always there to help when we really need it… after all, would he send them on a journey he didn’t think they could complete? Stupid cartoon movie… making sense.
        The past few weeks have been pretty crazy and it has been difficult to stay positive about things. I know we are not alone, as everyone involved with the plant has been having trouble with finances, housing, and employment. We all want to charge headlong into what God has for us, but we must contend with the issues of life that are either put there by the enemy to trip us up or that are meant to test our fortitude and commitment to our calling. The past week we have had both, and it seems God has brought us through and we have been able to maintain our focus and make wise decisions that are starting to show fruit. I have been presented with opportunities that may have been good financially (or not) but would have choked my time and ability to do the work of a church planter. It was tough to turn them down and remain faithful to the calling, but it looks as though God is honoring that decision by giving BJ and me a really unique job opportunity. Without going into details, we are going to be working for a ministry based out of Orlando that does live seminar training for parents and children’s ministries. We will basically be booking agents for the ministry and will have the ability to work at home and make our own schedule. Normally I wouldn’t even consider a job like this, but it was just very obvious to BJ and me that this opportunity was given to us at this time specifically for our situation.
     So, for now we are doing well, and the outlook is good. I plan on enjoying it while it lasts because I know every hill has a drop right after you get to the top. It’s late, so I will end for now and hopefully write more tomorrow.

No comments: